Possible Chimney Fire
By PIO Elle Nistico
November 21, 2022

This afternoon at approximately 3:15pm, Mahopac Falls Fire was dispatched to Willow Drive for a possible Chimney Fire.

Upon arrival Captain Stasiak, found a one story house with smoke coming from the chimney but no residents were home. After gaining access to the house, firefighters located a malfunctioning pellet stove that had caused the stored pellets to heat and ignite.

Our members were able to remove the burning pellets and checked the home for any possible extension of the fire. Once we were able to confirm that the smoke was contained to the pellet stove, members began venting the house.

Mahopac Falls Fire was back in service shortly thereafter.