Smoke in the Residence
 
By Jack Casey
October 13, 2018
 

Late Saturday afternoon, the Mahopac Falls Fire Dept., Carmel Police, and EMStar paramedic were dispatched to Grandview Dr. in the Lake Baldwin section of the district for smoke in the house. EMS was added to the response after a call for the resident experiencing troubled breathing. First arriving units found smoke coming from the basement and upon entry, found a malfunction with the oil burner. As interior crews set up exhaust fans to clear the smoke, MFVFD EMS and EMStar paramedic began to triage the residents of the house. An 'all clear' was called for the residents and for the structure, all FD equipment packed up and headed back to Quarters.

 
EMS stands by the homeowner, making sure he was okay
EMS stands by the homeowner, making sure he was okay
Incident Command Capt. Chris Tompkins (L) and CPD Officer Shay (R) wait for EMS to give an "all clear" on the residents
Incident Command Capt. Chris Tompkins (L) and CPD Officer Shay (R) wait for EMS to give an "all clear" on the residents
 
First arriving engine approaches the scene
First arriving engine approaches the scene
Exhaust fans are taken in to be set up
Exhaust fans are taken in to be set up